Monday, September 29, 2014

The Random Ramblings of, yours truly, Elijah Thompson

Well I sorta felt like writing a blog post.

Not that I have anything interesting to write most of the time. Well, okay, I do, but things work much better in thought than they do on paper. I have way too many unfinished drafts of posts I wanted to write but after reading them over realized they couldn't express my true thoughts. 

Some books that I read just give me a feeling, evoke some emotion in me that I don't recognize. If I considered it long enough maybe I could put a name to it, but as soon as I try to define the beauty of what I feel and think, it loses it's clarity, because let's be honest; unless you're Adam Young, Ed Sheeran, or John Green, it's impossible to fully express your thoughts in words on a sheet.

Which is why blogging is difficult at times. So many books I've read that I wish I could express in this virtual piece of paper just how they make me feel. 

I begin to wish that there was a machine that could translate my thoughts into words, but machines cannot understand emotion, so they would not be able to accomplish it any better than a ceiling fan could. Which leaves only one option for us, and that is telepathy, which is impossible at this time.

The result is a really boring blog. There is a desire in me to blog but a fear that by trying to express myself I will bring the magic in my mind to human standards, turning it into nothing more than empty words and time turned meaningless. 

BUT, but, I can still try. Because fear is something that can be overcome. I will try to express myself in a way that is both coherant and enjoyable to read. 

So let's start over.

My name is Elijah Thompson.

Welcome to the High Desert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment